Sunday, April 28, 2013

Big, Exciting Changes Happening at Seize the Birthday!!!

I decided the challenge blog needed a face lift! I hope you like our new look! We have some exciting changes happening around here!




Our beloved design team members are leaving and we are welcoming new members to our team. We are sad to be losing Kay Miller, Lynn Hayes and Dawn Easton. They have been wonderful members of our team from the beginning. Best of luck to you ladies, we hope you will join us from time to time!



We are thrilled to welcome our brand new design team members....these ladies are all talented and absolutely lovely to work with!!! Welcome to Cathy Santie, Amy Tsuruta and Glenda Wyatt!! I asked each of them to share a little about themselves.



Hello - I am so excited to be part of the Seize the Birthday Challenge Team, and work with such outstanding talent!  My name is Cathy Santie, and I live 25 miles West of the "Windy City" - Chicago, Illinois. I have two adult children; a daughter who graduated with her Masters in Forensics and will be getting married this June, and a son who gave me my first Grandson , January 2010. I have a wonderful, supportive husband who actually gave me a nudge in the direction of this wonderful world of paper! Seven years ago, after watching me for a few months dabble in card making, I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas. He and my daughter had a bet going that this interest in paper wouldn't last for more than a few months. Well, as you can see, I received my sewing machine and after hundreds of cards later.....they lost! Thank you for visiting my blog, and for all your wonderful comments - they are greatly appreciated!



Hi, It's Amy! I'm so excited to be part of the Seize the Birthday team!  I live in Washington State. I'm the proud mother of two lovely kids and am engaged to "thee most spectacular guy" who supports my crafting obsession. I work full-time, have been blogging since 2007. I absolutely love being part of this crafting community!!



Hey there!  I'm Glenda and I'm really happy to be here at Seize the Birthday.  First off, I must confess, I am a big geek!  Science geek and crafty geek! I’m a marine geologist by day and a stamping addict by night.  I have a great group of crafty friends here, there and everywhere who keep me inspired, entertained and enabled.  I’m also lucky to have a supportive hubby, who never asks how much I spend on my addiction, I mean, hobby!  My paper crafting style is generally clean and simple, although I do stray off in random directions sometimes. Being on this team is perfect for me as I love playing with sketches (and have a hard time coming up with my own). I also love to play with funky patterned papers and fun & bold colour combinations.

Welcome to the team ladies!!!


****Please Note this EXCITING change!****

Starting with our May Sketches, we will be going to a two week challenge rotation!! We want to give you an extra week to join the fun! You can create as many birthday cards as you like with our sketch...feminine or masculine in the two week period!!! From now on, you will be free to create whatever type of birthday card you need for your stash using our sketch!!!


Don't forget to play along with our current sketch!!! There is a wonderful prize up for grabs!!!

29 comments:

  1. Love the new look and fun changes! A big welcome to the new DT members...can't wait to see all your fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bold new look! Congrats to the new Design Team Members!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Welcome lovely ladies new members of the DT. I love the new look of the blog. Way to go Seize the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the new DT ladies! Love the new look of the blog and the changes to the challenges. :) Thanks Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new look is so fresh and fun! It looks fabulous! I'm excited about the two week rotation.....sometime a week goes by so fast and I don't get time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to being part of this fabulous team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to the departing team for their GR8 challenges and welcome to the new team - look forward to seeing the new team in action.

    Love the new look blog too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. A BIG welcome to the new designers! I love the two week rotation..YAY! and the blog's new look is beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the warm welcome everyone - so excited to be a part of this talented team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new look and welcome new designers. Amy, I am a fellow Washingtonian. I live in Maple Valley. I know you have been to my blog and introduced yourself. Again, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcomr to the new DT and thanks for all the inspiration to those that are leaving.
    Lesley the blog looks amazing!!! I wish I had your mad bloggy skills. I also like the 2 week rotation idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ditto to what Janet said! I came on here to make the same comments ... loving the new look of the blog, very happy to have 2 weeks to play along, and welcome to the new DT members! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the new blog look!!!! so sad to see these three talented ladies leave but wish them all the best :)
    a HUGE welcome to our new DT members :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats to the new designers, esp AMY! whoop whoop! glad that you changed to two weeks. Seems like the challenges were blowing past. love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new blog look, very pretty. Congrats and welcome to the new designers. Looking forward to all the exciting challenges and DT creations.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  16. First, well-done to the departing DT members!! Second, congratulations and welcome to the new talented members!!

    Lesley, the new blog looks awemazing!! I adore it in every way. The color just makes me feel giddy! Also, thank you so much for extending the time!! I love the idea of this challenge and have not been able to play as often as I had hoped, so yippee, I love that there is now more time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Darnell! SO happy you will be joining us!

      Delete
  17. Your new look is bright and cheerful.Thanks to the outgoing DT and welcome to the incoming.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the new look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thrilled that it can be Masculine or Feminine and with an extended time frame! Good luck to the departing members and the new ones! Can't wait to see the next sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The changes sound awesome! I always intend to make a card every week and then I run out of time and the gender changes! With two weeks and either male or female possible, I think I just may organise myself to join in! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the look of the new blog and so excited to see my friend Amy on the DT as well as the other new girls.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the new look!!!! And welcome new DT :)

    ReplyDelete