Thursday, June 13, 2013

Seize the Birthday #19 {A Sketch by Jen Nelson}



Welcome to Seize the Birthday! We are working on creating birthday cards this year! The design team has some wonderful inspiration for you! Won't you join us and build your stash of birthday cards?! 

We are so lucky to have the sweet Sherry Eckblad as our "Sub stamper" on the team. She will be filling in from time to time for our design team. I did offer her a DT position but she has a lot on the go right now and "subbing" was the perfect solution! Welcome Sherry!

***Please note we will be going to a voting system for choosing our weekly winners...voting will happen on Tuesdays at Noon (EST) and end on Wednesdays at Noon (EST).

To learn more about our guidelines, please click HERE.

Our sponsor for this sketch is
A Day For Daisies


A Day For Daisies provides themed categories of over 1000 digital illustrations, including fairy tales and magical mermaids, cutie kids, vintage illustrations, sentiments and lovely designs for all occasions!

ADFD is offering a $ 12 Gift Card to our winner!!


Challenge Rules (to keep things fair):
1. You must use the sketch and make a BIRTHDAY card. 

2. Please add a direct link to your blog or to an online gallery.

3. Feel free to use other challenges or for a stamp release, it doesn't matter, as long as you add this challenge link to your post.

4. Any offensive posts or cards that do not follow the guidelines will be removed out of courtesy to fellow bloggers and the design team.

5. As always, please have fun and make the sketch your own!


This linky will close in two weeks, at Noon on the Tuesday before the next Seize the Birthday Challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous inspiration from the DT! Can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific sketch! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello really wonderful cards. Please let me know what is the terms if I want to reproduce this cards in my blogs with a back link.
    The 2nd card will make really a awesome card with heart warming birthday messages. Congratulations to all participants

    Sajith

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to the linky thing? I thought we were supposed to have two weeks to complete a sketch; it hasn't been a full week yet and the voting part is up. Maybe I missed a change. Bummer! Here's my link, just in case: http://wirewrapture.blogspot.com/2013/06/birthday-wishes.html

    Thanks so much for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Heather, Inlinkz has changed their format and I messed up the deadline by mistake. The new Inlinkz is challenging to "see" and "work". You are right and the linky has been corrected.
      Thanks for letting us know!
      Kind regards,
      Lesley

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the cute sketch and great samples.
    My apologies -my technical skills are very limited and I am unable to create a link from my card to your blog - it has worked bfore and with other blogs, just not this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorothy,
      I went to your blog and saw your card. It is great! I think the reason you cannot add your link, is because your post does not have a title. Edit your post, and add a title and then after your publish your post, click on the title. Then copy that URL at the top of your page and add it to our linky.
      Hope this helps.
      Kind regards,
      Lesley

      Delete
  6. I seem to be having trouble casting my vote. I have gone to and clicked on vote then it comes up with ascreen that says if you cant see press F5 but it only takes me back here.
    Can anyone help me?

    ReplyDelete